"Best" friends sons birthday party

K well.... I had written her numerous times about us not being close anymore and she said she was willing to work on it. Then I hadnt really heard from her since I sent her a invitation to my DD's birthday in May. She said she would be there, even promised, but never showed, never called, and never wrote my back on Myspace. And she never came to my baby shower either after saying she would be there. Now she wrote me today and said that she needed my address because she wanted to send me an invitation to her sons birthday. Should I evn bother to respond? Considering she doesnt ever respond to me? I feel like she needs her own medicine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly it sounds like to me this would be the perfect time to decide if you really want to fix this relationship and keep this friend. If you want to keep it then, ask her to meet or call her and talk to her about it while you give the address. If you don't want to keep fighting for this friendship then I would just not respond and let it go quietly into the night. Personally I was in a friendship like this I would let it go, but I don't know your back story.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 7:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• who she is does not determine who you are as a person,if you wanna go then go,if you dont then dont but if you are mannered dont be rude just cause she was to you.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It would be easy to ignor her invitation after the way she treated you, but you should give her your address and go to the party don't buy anything expensive just something as a thought and see how she acts and how things turn out afterward if she seems upset or distant after the birthday party than I would move on and not try to contact her and if she tries the next time she wants to invite you to a party or whatever just ignore it and go on with your life like you never heard from her.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• if you dont go, she probably wont even care...dont waste your time.
    Anonymous

• Just decline the invitation altogether and let her know why. Don't give your address and tell her that you are not coming. Then mention how her lack of courtesy let you know loud and clear that she really did not want to work on your relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009