How is it possible?

YOu meet the right one. You have a lot of interests, enjoy being together, have been together for a few years, then all of sudden you seem to drift apart. You still enjoy the same things, but just not together as often. Then you find yourselves breaking up. What makes this happen, when you have a lot in common?We've told each we love each other, but that seemed to go to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Sometimes it's not enough. Sometimes we outgrow each other : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• idk cause im a true believer that love is a decision,i dont always feel all jazzed and full of butter flies when my hubby walks in,but do i love him? = yes! should i divorce him just cause we've had 6 rough months no! which by the way is true. being with someone does not mean you feel like your inlove the whole time,but you gotta learn to work together and not throw in the towel so fast,why do you think divorce is on the rise.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• stress, life, things like that happen. relationships need work.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• People simply change. Relationships are hard & we all go through changes within our lives so when this happens if ur willing to make a relationship work w/ a particle person then u need to be willing to work as a team to get comfortable again when things change. Yeah its a pain to have to do this every so often but if u love someone enough u'll do it.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Because there is no new excitement. The first few years you have all that time to get to know eachother and learn more and more about one another... once there is nothing left to learn, the relationship seems to dull out.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree that love is sometimes a decision. My husband & I will celebrate 21 years married next week. Are there times when I look across the table & wonder where the passion went? Of course, but those are the times, when one of us or the other decides that we want to be in this marriage for the long haul, & it's up to us to keep that love & excitement in our marriage. Sometimes, kids, bills and the stress of life, or just not having enough time for ourselves can make a relationship seem dull. Those are the times we have to work at our relationship. He might suddenly see it, & ask me on a date, tell me to buy a new dress & even bring some flowers........he'll call me from work and tell me to turn on a certain radio station, & then I'll hear our song.....I may be the one who feels it slipping, & plan a romantic evening, or tuck a note in his lunch....passion & romance isn't constant, but if we fan it, it doesn't have to die.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i think in the beginning ppl tend to hide a part of their true self ya know the bad part, and by the time the bad part shows up we are so comfy with each other we except less then we deserve and when we do there comes a point where we get sick of less then we deserve and we decide its time to hit the road even though we do love the person although im beginning to think very few of us KNOW what love is anymore
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009