Can I go swimming in my apartment pool,w/a urinary tract infection?

Also what are some natural ways of getting rid of it,thanks..I know about cranberry juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• yes its fine. There is no way to get rid of it without antibiotics. Theres an infection. Cranberry Juice just 'masks' the symptoms. you have to have meds to actually get rid of it. But swimming in a pool will do nothing to make it worse.
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• At my apartment complex, they just sent around a notice saying that you can't. Although I'm not sure what made them decide this. It's not like you can tell someone has a UTI by looking at them...
    The above poster is right though, it won't hurt and cranberry juice won't get rid of it.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I wonder why baths bother a urinary tract infect,I know the ones with alot of fragrant soaps and oils,I'm sure cause it but I take baths with no soap,do you thinks that's o.k..Now that I think of it,that's gross if someone had a infection and they swam in a public pool,it's gross for both parties.I have pills for one week and I guess that gets rid of it,it says they last 7-14 days but I think mine is from never getting medicated for it because I 'm allergic to pennecillin and I may be allergic to Levaquin,afraid to try it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009