Ever wish you could take a day off from being MOM??

I've had the flu really bad for 3 days, and today has been the worst. I haven't been off the couch for the whole 3 days. Not to mention, I started my period too so that's just 10 times worse. :( I'm a full-time SAHM, and no close-by friends or family to help me out. Today I wish I could call out from "work". My daughter has been pretty much been in her walker or crib playing while I try to re-cooperate. I feed her and change her, but I feel really bad because I feel like she's super bored. But I don't want her to get sick.

Do you ever feel like calling out from "work" (a.k.a. being a mom)?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes lol. I know there'll probably be that one person who won't admit it outright and say "they love being a mom" or whatever. Yes, I love being a mom, but sometimes it would be great to just pick up and go, not have to call my mom to babysit and than pack the baby up, etc. It'd be nice to stay up late watching a movie with my SO and than have great sex all night and not have to worry about the 6am wake up call from DD lol.
    Like I said, not that I don't love my DD and don't love being a mom, but it'd be great to just have a day off to do everything I wanted to do, WHEN I wanted to do it.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• get someone to babysit... thats what i do when i get really sick ... can you hire a babysitter?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No I don't have a babysitter, but that wasn't my Q.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009