YO GABBA GABBA PARTY! ANY IDEAS?

My son is turning two & his favorite charecters are YO GABBA GABBA! Does any 1 have any ideas or suggestions? I have the cake & some decorations from celebrate express, maybe some one can help with some DIY decorations or something! Thanx

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At Toys R Us there's a DJ Lance hat and um...glasses, I think? Have your birthday boy wear it and do Dance Party! :) You can do musical chairs to some of the songs from the show, but 2 year olds will be thrilled just to dance around, right!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son turned 1 in April & had a Gabba party :) We also got the Gabba gear from celebrate express, unfortunately they were out of almost all of it, and triple charged us, so the experience was slightly unpleasant... but we got the banner with his name on it, we wrote "It's Dancey Dance time, Tristan is ONE!" and he loved it. Since they were limited in the other Gabba stuff, we got the Brobee desert plates, and the group plates, and hats. Then we just went to Party city & got orange plates (for DJ Lance), yellow forks/spoons (for Plex), pink & blue cups (toodee & foofa) & a green tablecloth for Brobee.

We got lots of bright colored balloons, and blew them up and decorated them like on NickJr.com, which has tons of ideas.

For his cake we just went to Costco & got a regular sheet cake with some balloons on it, I went to Toys'r'us & got the simple figurines and placed them on top, it turned out simiple & adorable!

Stephie999

Answer by Stephie999 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I realized you'd said you had the cake & such, haha, oops! We also did centerpieces, as DJ Lance's boombox, which we also got off of NickJr.com... we just cut shoeboxes and put the printouts over them, and sticking out of them, the kids got to take the characters (glued to popsicle sticks) home.
    Stephie999

Answer by Stephie999 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• have a dance party... "my name is Carmen... I like to dance..."
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009