Swelling of the neck

I have had a sore spot behind my left ear for about 24 hours now, hurts when i turn my head to the right and is sore to touch. There is a small bump around my hairline near the pain and now the left side of my neck is swelling up...anybody ever have any problems like this and what could be the cause of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like a swollen lymph node. Are you feeling sick? Maybe a head cold or an ear or sinus infection? If you don't feel ill, I would suggest going to your doctor and seeing if there's an underlying cause for it.

I have a swollen lymph node behind my ear and it gets painful from time to time. My doctor has checked it out a few times but can't find any cause for it. So I just monitor it and make sure that no more appear.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009