Has anyone ever met someone from the internet in person?

Just wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences. I might meet someone that lives close by.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah i have..it went well. we had fun. he was everything he claimed to be. sometimes you might get the guy who looks COMPLETLY diiferent than what his pic showed..lol or described his personality diff..but i took a chance with it..that was the first time i ever met someone offline. he lived really close to me as well. but my expirience was great..good luck with yours!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've met some cm people at a local park. We had a play date. It was great.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have. My husband and I used to play an online game with another person who lived in our old home state. After we moved back home, before we could even arrange a get together, we bumped into him in a Target.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My husband and I are avid video gamers and we have friends we have played online with for years...this past summer we had the chance to meet one of these friends and we had a real nice time. Took the kids to upstate New York Nowhere and got to see the countryside, Amish and all that fun stuff. The kids loved it and it was great hanging out in person.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 7:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yes i have and it went both ways good and bad. i met my husband of almost 10 years online and a few friends that i kept as friends for a number of years then also met a psycho b* who tried to take my husband
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i've met people from this site, and women from navy wife support group sites who live in my area. sometimes we didn't click in real life, but most of them are women i still talk to today and those are the ones i met 6 yrs ago. as for meeting men, i never have but i know plenty who have and its worked out.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The guy i'm currently with I met online. Other guys I've dated I met online as well. Just make sure it's in a public place first like the park.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My DF and I met online in 1998 and didn't actually MEET until 2005. We didn't plan it, but we met in an AOL chatroom and wrote letters and sent gifts to each other for years. We were off and on, but happy we're together now! He's my best friend and we're on our 2nd child together!

I've also met a girl from MySpace, but she ended up being a little crazy. Nice girl, but crazy, lol. She had me running around NYC trying to peddle her products to stores while I was wearing wedges, I had to pick up a new pair of comfy shoes because my feet were killing me! I thought we were just gonna hang out? LOL.

I met a friend of a friend from MySpace when we were living in NY and she was from my home town in CA. We'd party together in NYC. We both moved back to CA (at different times) and we're good friends!

I also met a lady from CM. She is super awesome and I can't wait to get together with her again!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah...I forgot about a friend of ours that moved out here from CA he was awesome a real sweetie, unfortunately the job he had lined up fell through and he had to move back. He loved it here though and is going to try to find another job out this way with a little more security and hopefully move back soon.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've met several guys online thru dating sites. One of them became my husband
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009