i need to know

I live in Nebraska and I need to know how much break time you would get if you work a 10 hour day. The company I work for I work 10 hour days and I get (2) 15 mintue breaks and (1) 10 minute break when I go to the bathroom this also counts as part of my break time shouldn't I legally get a 30 minute lunch for working this long

Asked by ntschetter at 7:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• u get 2 10 min breaks and it sounds like the 2 15min breaks are your lunch cut in two....weird

Answer by Mesha125 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Only if you are hourly, that would be called Non-exempt as in you are not exempt for the Federal Labor Laws governing work hours. If you are salary, I believe its a whole different ball game. My husband is salary and he works until the work gets done regardless if he needs a break or not.

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Contact the state department of labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• When I work that long, I get two 15's and an hour lunch.

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• wild boyz is right, you need to look into your states labor laws, if im not mistaken your employer has to post them. if not google them and see, walmart is getting SUED for this BIG TIME RIGHT NOW!!!!! they are settling and paying out to employees who have a claim. soooo its worth the research!!

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Every state is different so you REALLY need to research it!

In my state ... work 8 hours (or more) get 2 -15 minute breaks AND 1 hour lunch.

Answer by 4yourfamily at 12:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• In ny hubby gets 2 15 and a half hour. I don't know about Nebraske though. Contact the state labor board to find out.

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2009