Abnormal cells on cervix.

I had a Pap done in April @ my postpartum checkup and it came back abnormal. Today they did a more invasive check and she found a lesion on my cervix and they did a biopsy.
All signs I guess are pointing to HPV. I'm just worried because I know it can lead to cancer, if left untreated.
Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and did it end up clearing up on it's own? Guess I just need peace of mind lol.

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 8:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• I had a positive HPV test after my son's delivery, got no treatment and was scared. I got tested again and it was negative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my tests are usually adnormal, ive had 2 cervical freezes, dont panic yet. they will re test u every 3 months till your test are normal then every 6 months, lots of fun but nothing to worry about yet
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 8:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes, 15 years ago I was diagnosed with HPV and cervical dysplasia. Went through 2 biopsies, 2 cryosurgeries and a year later was given the go ahead to have more babies. Had 3 more babies, no problems, and 2 years ago I was informed the HPV was dormant again.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO GET THIS TREATED AND FOLLOW THROUGH WITH REPEAT PAPS! A diagnosis of HPV does NOT mean you'll get cervical cancer. Just keep regular visits with the GYN.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I am just getting started on this stuff. I had an abnormal pap in March, had a colposcopy where they found a small lesion--it was biopsied. I just went back for a 2nd pap which turned up abnormal again. I have to go this Friday for them to freeze my cervix for the first time. I sure hope everything works out for you and me both! I've been nervous and scared but they keep telling me that there's no need to panic as long as you keep it checked and under control.
    brandig25

Answer by brandig25 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009