Did you ever have your Prego* belly Casted?

My DD is 25. Due soon with her 3rd Baby! She has two boys. This may be A Girl! So DD Casts her Belly. But with the first one she couldn't he came Early. A Preemie. She did do it for her second! She tried on Sunday. But DD got ill, hot & Threw up & it all got Wasted! So they're trying Again! So I'm Curious if you had your Belly casted? Is this of any interest to you? If you did what did you do with it? Your kind reply is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did mine at 35 weeks (in case i was early) with my son who is now 4. I love it, but still havent done a thing with it....not sure yet what to do ...still. BUT I had wanted to sand it, and put the babies newborn and one yr foot prints on it and then seal it. But I never did. darn it...now im not sure what to do but I refuse to trash it. I might just decorate it shabby chic to match my room and hang it there.
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• we bought a kit from a babystore..but its essentially plaster of paris (i think that's the name) and gauze..lots of gauze. we used vaseline on the skin first, so ease the removal of casting . my sis and dh worked together, so it didn't take as long or at least, it was easier with four hands...kinda weird, but...lol..we did it four days before my scheduled delivery date. my cast is of the belly/breasts, and its in a box with other keepsake items of my son's babytime. it was cool!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I did mine around 37 weeks I think it was... about exactly 7 years ago now, lol! ;-) We keep it raw, undecorated atop the big media cabinet in our living room. I might do something to it, eventually. It's a fun and cool memento!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I did mine at 35 weeks. I plan on painting it and hanging it up in our bedroom but money has gotten tight and I can't afford to decorate it the way I want to yet. And its not something I want to half ass. It currently sits in the nursery until our LO is born. Me and my husband did it ourselves with supplies we bought from Micheals. We did it for about $15 and had all the same supplies you get from the kits for $30-40. It was a blast and we are so happy we did it.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009