So race has NOTHING to do with it?

Rep. David Scott, a Democratic congressman from Georgia, has been the target of several incendiary political attacks in recent days. Most notably, a large 4-foot-wide swastika was painted on the sign outside of his office earlier this week.

Today, during an appearance on CNN, Scott showed some of the other letters and faxes his office has received in recent days. One of them included an image of President Barack Obama with a Soviet-style hammer and sickle placed on his forehead, as well as a reference to the congressman as "Nigga David Scott."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeWUTP6Uhko&feature=player_embedded

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No anon, You need to STFU. Race is definitely still an issue. If you cant handle racial issues, than you dont belong here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• just STFU already. Im sick of all this 'racist' shit. My kids are mixed so NO im not a racist. I love my husband no matter what race, but shit, im sick of this shit. It just causes more shit on here. I come here to get away from everyday shit, not hear more of it. it just causes a bunch of people to get into a debate and start name calling each other

If you come here to "get away from it" maybe you should stay out of politics and current events..and seek some anger management

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Sweet I would bet anything for most of us (deffinitely myself) it has nothing to do with the mans skin color.I have shared my veiws here over and over endlessly so anyway....I have also said for some it probably does have some to do with it or all of their reason.As for the swastika that to me means they are labeling Scott as a communist.Also some people are feeling BO is more of a dictator then a president.If you want to try and make this all about race not going to happen because that is not the case.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• For some people it does....there's no getting around that.

BUT, let's be reasonable. Rasmussen polls are showing that 53% of Americans are against the health care bill. I think it's extremely unlikely that more than half of America is associated with neo-Nazism
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Anyway, OP. Yes race is still an issue. Conservatives love to accuse us liberals of "having our heads buried in the sand" but they are the one's who have their heads buried in the sand when it comes to racial issues. WAKE UP PEOPLE.
    Anonymous

• I thought I saw a post by you today saying that there are crazies in every group. Was that you or someone else? Nothing like a little generalization and stereotyping to make your point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• he probably has acorn doing all of it so he can claim its the reps.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

There is nothing communist about it, thats just more socially acceptable to say. You didn't give two shiz when the Patriot Act was signed and not one of these people were foaming at the mouth then about spilling anyones blood or showing up to a town hall meeting with a gun strapped to your leg. Im saying it is like gasoline on a fire.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

Nope , guess again! Its one of the same loonies that show up to townhalls and scream their heads off and bring a GUN with them....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

and I still believe that! Currently, one side seems to be aggressively displaying hostility and not just the crazies! Average normal people are becoming pawns and being fed propaganda on the regular

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009