omg...he just asked the daddy question. Did I do okay?

I told him after what feels like a 10 minute pause that everyone has dads and that he does. He asked his name and I told him.

SO HARD for me to do...I didnt know what to say...when I said his name, it felt so weird cause for a long time, I forgot that he was his son...in a way.

My son is 6 and his dad rights were teminated when he was a year...he seen him 2 times right after he was born when he came into town cause he broke up with me at 3 1/2 months and moved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• well the only thing u can to is be blunt.. yes he is young but hes goin to learn anyway. Tell him what happen he may not understand but tell him when hes a lil older he will and u will explain it more :) GL and some parents tell the dads name others dont its ur choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• you did great, it takes time for these things i never had a dad growning up either, and every weekend my dad would call and say he was coming to pick me up and i would wait on the porch for him and he would never show up finally i gave up on him and now he is in my life since i am older but i still dont really love him as a father just as a friend, but you will find someone and he will be a good dad to your child and then your child will see that it doesnt matter if he has a real father all that matters is that he is loved.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009