any ideas on how to get school supplies for cheap ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I keep seeing comercials for Wal-Mart that say you can get school supplies for nine dollars...don't know if it is true or not.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Wal-Mart! They had two packs of glue sticks for $0.25, crayons for $0.25, etc.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 9:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Everyone has them on sale. Why is this hard? Pocket folders for 15 cents. 2 pack Elmer's Glue Sticks 25 cents, 1 subject notebooks and loose leaf paper 25 cents. 24 pack Crayola crayons 25 cents. 10 Bic pens $1. Go to Walmart.

What do you need that your not finding for a reasonable price?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• staples and office depot have some good deals now...watch their fine print though, most are limited 2-3 items per transaction---i got EVERYTHING plus some on both lists for 40 bux. I was able to buy name brand stuff too...i was very excited.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Organizing for America, President Obama's grassroots policy and community service organization, is partnering with local elected officials to help parents get the school supplies that they need and cannot afford. I know who to contact in Chicago; if you are from somewhere else, contact me offlist and I will help you determine who to contact in your area. We are participating in an "adopt a family" event sponsored by Organizing for America and our state Congressional representative.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I also have to try to find school supplies for cheap. I will be trying wal-mart and walgreens because those are the best sales fliers I have seen for school supplies. I have 3 kids to buy for this year, and it gets expensive! I'm already up to $200 just to get them each 2 outfits and a backpack. I can't afford expensive school supplies too lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I went to wal mart tonight, and they had the 24 packs of crayons marked down even lower than before. They were only .16, so I bought some for my daughter to use throughout the year. Pretty good deal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• At our WalMart they had 1 subject spiral notebooks for 5 cents!!! Limit 20, well you can get 20 for a $1~ So we bought 20. We've been buying 20 everytime we go. I think we have about a 100 of them now!!! They had 24 pack crayola crayons for 15 cents...I bought several of these too. I only have one child left at home she's going into 8th grade, so she didn't need any of the fun stuff....but I stocked up on it anyway for art projects, and for my grandkids. Everything was really cheap.

Oh and at Walgreen's the other day, I got a 5 pack of highlighters for 29 cents!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Shop the sales as those above have described. You can get some really great deals. When things really begin to get expensive is high school with scientific calculators and the like. Even these can be found on sale, although the least expensive that I have found this year was $88. Thank goodness that we still have the one from last year saved away...just replaced the battery and it is as good as new. ; )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2009