Cheap party ideas

My son is turning 8 on the 31st. Dose anyone have any cheap party ideas on anything from the cake, or party favors to the presents. Anything will help

AmberNicoley

Asked by AmberNicoley at 9:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Make the cake yourself. Decorate it with what ever your son is into, ex. toy cars, dinosaurs or we have even used plastic figures. I usually make a home made pinata. (A balloon with newspaper dipped in flour and water mixture. When dry pop the balloon and paint.) A great place to have a party is the park, it is free and the kids have a ton of room to run. You can do party games or just let the kids play at the park together either one is a huge hit. As far as treat bag that is what the stuff in the pinata is for, just hand each child a treat bag to put their loot in. (I make 1 bag for the kid who breaks the pinata since he has on a blindfold.)
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Walmart has cake mixes for 88 cents, icig about 1.00.... go to the dollar store and get a bunch of water guns for favors, and maybe some candy... dollar stores tend to have neat stuff, i got all decorations and favors for my DD's birthday there....
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We also did cupcakes and part of the party was that the kids got to decorate their own and then eat it too :).
    ldtchr

Answer by ldtchr at 12:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• We had my sons party at the park, just remember to get there a little early to grab a big table, The dollar store is wonderful for the favors. The kids just loved the park idea.
    yankeegirl380

Answer by yankeegirl380 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I like the cupcake idea. Get cheep icing and sprinkles to let them decorate them themselves. If you have a Dollar Tree, you can get different bags of candy to decorate them. When we had my son's party, I lived at the $$ store and Wal-Mart. Good luck, I am sure that no matter wht you do the kids will love it.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• you might try orientaltrading.com too.....check out their clearance section
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 5:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009