tearing eye

since this morning I have noticed sleep building up bad in one if my sons eyes and he tears a lot from it! is that a norma thing or should I call the doctors?

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 9:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take a cotton ball and get it wet and squeeze water out. With the baby's eye closed gently clean from nose across eyelid. It's normal and they should have shown you how to do this at the hospital.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• he may have a blocked tear duct call his doc an her look at it...if it doesnt go away by the time he is one they wil do a probe
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my daughter had this. it didn't take long to go away. you just have to massage it and keep it clean.

sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well I did just give him a bath and cleaned his eyes so I hope that will help! if it is not gone by tomorrow I will call his doc
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 9:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• omg..i litterally just posted almost the same question..my daughter woke up this morning with that..her left eye only has been watery, and has like green sleep coming out of it..not a lot..just like the normal amount that you have in the morning when you wake up, except its been most of the day with it..the last couple hours there hasnt been any coming out...my sister told me that it might be an eye infection and if it dont clear up by morning then to take her to ped.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009