What is the best way to start weaning a 21 month old baby from mom and dad's bed?

Co-sleeping, growing up

beefgoddess

Asked by beefgoddess at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmmm ... i am unsure if this wil be an easy task - does she/he have a full size bed?
    i know that to get my dd out of her toddler bed into a big bed we bought her new sheets and she was sooo excited to sleep in her bed.
    also if she is not wanting to go to sleep we tell her goodnight we are going to sleep in your bed - ohhh its her place not ours and she runs to her room and jumps into bed so we cant.
    be sure to press your point and dont give in - i suggest making him lay down in bed and if he gets up keep putting him/her back - they shouldget the picture after a while and you may have a few days of this but be sure to not give in EVER or they will know that you have a breaking point and you will have TROUBLE on your hands.
    you might want to start on a night you dont have work in the AM otherwise you will be dog tired at work the next day.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• well by this time he/she would have their own bed/crib so maybe getting some new sheets that he/she picks out.(this also works when buying new undees for potty training let them pick them out. making him/her feel like a big boy/girl that worked for me with my girls..
    florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Good question, let me know when you find the answer! Im in the same boat!!
    m0m2twoboys

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008