Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I put a child up for adoption?

I thought that I could parent but I can't. I have some issues and think she would be better off with someone else. She should not have to see the kind of life here with me. I am an addict and have tried and tried but can't get clean. Then she came along. I stayed clean long enough at the end of the pregnancy so I wouldn't get in trouble. But now, I just can't do it. I just need a number to contact for people who will find her a good home. Please no bashing. I just think she'd be better off with others.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Adoption

Answers (93)
  • there are lots of places and no one should bash u ur are doing the right thing many people can not have children and have everythin imaginable to give them a wonderful life call ur nearst social services office or Division of family services

    Answer by aidensmama8 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • What state do you live in??

    Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Im not going to bash. You are thinking of HER welfare and thats very responsible. Look up adoption in the yellow pages and find an agency near you. they can help, and you might even be bale to pick the parents depending on the agency. For the childs health I think you need to reveal any drug use. The baby may need extra care and attention. They need to be aware of it for the babies health. God Bless you

    Answer by Mesha125 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • i would look online for adoption agencies in your area. there is no reason to bash, you are doing what YOU think is best for your baby even if it means not raising her. i know if i had another baby right now we would have to give it up because there is no way we can afford it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • This must be the most difficult decision you have ever had to make. I will do some research and find out what you should do. They may take your question off. You can email me. I can't email you since you are Anonymous.

    Answer by GailllAZ at 9:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Im in Baltimore,MD

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • One Church One Child of MD410-669-7030
    1701 Madison Ave, Baltimore, MD

    Adoptions Together Inc410-869-0620 | Official Website
    5750 Executive Dr # 107, Catonsville, MD

    Children's Choice Inc410-319-9681 | Official Website
    6067 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD

    Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • I would first suggest that you seek counseling before making this huge decision. Would dad want to take her or any of the grandparents? It would be nice if she was with family if you are sure you can't care for her. The last resort would be to take her to the fire department and they will not ask any questions.I wish you the best. I'm praying for you both!

    Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • I am went to google and looked for some agencies. I really don't want to call social services and don't want the state involved. I just want to give her to a adoption agency or someone so they can find her a family. I had an incident here earlier and she needs to be in a better home tomorrow. If you knoe of any agency or someone like that that will take her in tomorrow please le tm eknow. On google I read about a safe haven rule where you can give a baby to a hospital and they will find a place for this true? She is 3 weeks old.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • What is supposed to be best is for you to contact an agency and get a lawyer. You could talk to several agencies to see which one you like best. Then decide on the type of adoption you want.

    Are you in a difficult situation right now that could change? Are you depressed? If someone took care of your child for awhile might you be able to care for her in a few months or years. I'm not talking the regular foster care system but people that you would feel good about her being with. You can arrange for other people to legally care for your child.

    I am am not bashing your decision I want to sure you have thought through all the options.


    Answer by GailllAZ at 10:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.