Why do people think that I should pay for their health care?

I just don't get it. Why would people want to be so dependent on their government that they then lose their freedoms that our government is all about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• im so scared that they are going to do the universal healthcare thing. i dont have insurance but i think that if they do that the care you get is going to be crappy and with my son he got the best healthcare he was born 35 weeks early, he had 2 nurses taking care of him in the NICU i think if they do this its going to go downhill. and what happens if there is a high risk pregnancy and we cant get to the drs because of overcrowding? ugh its just terrible i hope they dont. government insurance should be for pregnant women,kids, and the elderly IMO
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Huh? You don't make any sense AT ALL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Because they don't want to pay for it. They expect govt. to give them coupons so that they can watch HD TV, and they want $4500 for their sh*tbox trade in for a brand new car. As a nation our priorities have changed and it is no longer about the greater good as much as it is about having a greater amount of goods.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Why should I pay for your police and fire protection? Why should I pay to educate your children? Why should I pay for your military protection.

Publicly administered health care, like the VA, costs far less than privately administered health care. If you actually learned the facts, instead of listing to right wing radio and Faux news, you would understand that your health care costs will decrease under universal health care. 40 cents of every dollar that you pay to your private insurance company goes to advertising.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• "Answered at 9:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 by: ilovenoah26
    im so scared that they are going to do the universal healthcare thing. i dont have insurance but i think that if they do that the care you get is going to be crappy and with my son he got the best healthcare he was born 35 weeks early, he had 2 nurses taking care of him in the NICU i think if they do this its going to go downhill. and what happens if there is a high risk pregnancy and we cant get to the drs because of overcrowding? ugh its just terrible i hope they dont. government insurance should be for pregnant women,kids, and the elderly IMO"
    So you think that Federal employees (including members of Congress) and the VA have crappy coverage? You think that tricare is crappy?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ilovenoah, did you mean that your child was born early, at 35 weeks? And in that case, you were a pg. woman giving birth to an infant. Would that mean that you would have wanted govt. insurance, or were you suggesting it should only be provided to the citizens that fit those criteria if they should need insurance?
    My guess is that you mean that any insurance is better than no insurance, but that it shouldn't be doled out to everybody, but rather just those people in need and that fit the criteria that you mentioned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• So our health care costs will go down, and so will the quality of care!!! rkoloms don't assume that you know who I am and that I am only educated by right wing radio. I have the ability to research the bill and make my own educated decisions. Unlike those who are blinded by our current government. Those who can't even bother to read the bill themselves!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have tricare and yes it is crappy!! What do you know about it rkoloms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• rk nice little assumption there that she gets her info from talk radio.Anyway,,,what congress and the rest on the hill get rk is NOT what the Americans would get you cannot possibly think that lol.They are making themselves and their famlies along with the unions exempt from this plan hello....

You realize during the town hall yesterday Obama said himself that the private business of UPS and fed ex are doing fine but the POST OFFICE which is of course government ran sucks...and he was never more correct.Is it also your idea that the ONLY way to reform health insurance is to have a government power grab? IT HAS TO BE government ran? I find that awfully closed minded and very revealing.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• "You realize during the town hall yesterday Obama said himself that the private business of UPS and fed ex are doing fine but the POST OFFICE which is of course government ran sucks...and he was never more correct.Is it also your idea that the ONLY way to reform health insurance is to have a government power grab? IT HAS TO BE government ran? I find that awfully closed minded and very revealing. "

UPS and FEDEX could not function without the USPS; they subcontract thousands of deliveries a day to rural areas that are served by the post office and not served by private companies.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009