Any advice for infants throwing fits?

Desperately need help!! My daughter is 11 months old and is starting to hit and throw massive fits. My husband and I are at our wits end. We are so lost as to what to do, it seems like we have tried EVERYTHING!! Anybody have any advice?

sidney.baker

Asked by sidney.baker at 10:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hug her and try to make her laugh

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Have you started time outs? She is not too young. When she hits, she sits for 1 minute per year of age. Keep explainations simple...no hit. not nice...hurt mommy. Let her throw the fit in the time out area but she must stay there until she calms down.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i would just leave the room and act like you dont notice it. it might be had at first bc she might hold on to you when she does ti but just keep doing what you were doing.
    Momma_Girls

Answer by Momma_Girls at 10:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My GD started at 11 months too,her Dr. told us to start putting her in timed-out, she understood very well,Makayla is now 2, she has gotten worse, she now hits,spits, kicks, throws where we have to dunk, we finally called in help,the therapist played with her,Makayla acted like a princess,until the therapist took her toy, she threw a tantrum like we never saw,but I was glad,before this happen, the therapist told us,she didn't see nothing wrong. Starting next week,an occupational therapist and a speech therapist will be coming,also they are checking her hearing. Out of 5 kids, 6 grandkids, Makayla tops, as gorgeous as she is. Ask your pediatric doctor.GOOD LUCK.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009