back to school

How many new outfits do you buy your kids? I normally get about 3 or so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Between 3 and 5, depending on what they have that still fits them.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i help buy my sisters clothes for school and we get a few outfits a week but they liek to shop at outlets so they can get more for cheaper or they do like platos closet and sell they old stuff for other stuff cuz with teens they want a whole new warrobe lolz
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 12:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm bad.........I shop year round. For all the deals and discounts I can find. I also have some clothes hanging in my closet for him next year. He is starting first grade he still has some shirts from Pre-K that still fit him. Right now between dress shirts, short sleeve, long sleeve, and tank tops for really hot days he has over 100 shirts. 95% of his shirts I bought on clearence for $5.00 or less. he has about 10 pairs of pants/jeans and about the same ## for shorts. and that is just his good/school clothes I have no idea about play clothes
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I dont keep count. Usually I buy things throughout the year and off season so that we arent stuck having to buy all new clothes when school starts. I want my kids to have new stuff throughout the year too. In fact, I ve got my 3 yr olds fall and winter wardrobe already. I picked stuff up in the spring when it was clearanced so cheap, I couldnt have gotten it a a garage sale cheaper...LOL...Then I save it and I so appreciate it when fall comes around. Three outfits is not enough for a 15 yr old girl to live off of but its a good start. My girls should have enough jeans to get them through 1 week and enough shirts and sweaters to get through 2 weeks. I also do outlets so I get great deals on name brand clothes.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I buy as he needs. I don't work during the summer so he has stuff from last year he still fits into plus he will probably still be in shorts when school starts. He does always get new sneakers.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I normaly buy 5 outfits. One for each day of the week to start off the school year and then pick up things along the way. A shirt here,pair of shorts there. We have to do it that way cause the way my 12 old grows. He grows out of his jeans length by the Christmas break.  

alilcoy

Answer by alilcoy at 12:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I usually buy things throughout the year, whatever's on sale, but with a little extra when school starts. Our back to school shopping usually really happens once it gets cold. We live in southern california, so it starts getting cold in about November, so that's our big shopping month.
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 7:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Depending on how much your child cares about what they wear, I recommend not buying too much in the beginning, just enough to get them started w/out you having to do laundry everyday! Mine always get a better idea of what they want to wear after school starts and they see what everyone else is wearing! It starts early! Good luck!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I USUALLY BUY MY KIDS BETWEEN 4 AND 5 OUTFITS.NEW OUTFIT FOR EVERY SCHOOL DAY, THEN IF THEY HAVE OLD CLOTHES THEY STILL FIT INTO THEY PLAY AFTER SCHOOL AND WEEKENDS WITH THOSE.
    homebound123

Answer by homebound123 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I usually buy my girls 5 new outfits so they have brand new clothes for the 1st week. Then they mix and match.
    bracketrat

Answer by bracketrat at 1:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009