should I get pregnant at age 41?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• as long as youre healthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If you are healthy and want a baby---go for it.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My aunt had a baby at 20 and then 20 years later went on to have four more. I say do it if you are healthy and want to.
    Good Luck!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• as long as you are healthy and really want another one than sure why not.
    jham1211

Answer by jham1211 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Only you know and your doctor.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If you are healthy and the doc gives you the ok, then go ahead. Best of Luck!
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Be prepared for a down syndrome baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Anon 10:49 that's just plain RUDE. I just had my first at 40 (didn't wait this long by choice, however) and he is PERFECT, the pediatrician(s) have even told me that and not just being all "oh isn't he perfect? cooing stuff", he's healthy and happy and so am I. to the OP if you are healthy there is no reason not to have a baby. I actually had all the genetics testing and my results came back better than most 20 year olds! Talk to your doctor and get a good perinate they specialize in high risk (over 35 years old) pregnancies, mine was awesome (if you happen to be in the Rio Rancho/Albuquerque, NM area).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Go for it. Good luck
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ANON 10:49, what an awful reply. Educate yourself b/f you make such a generic statement...then don't hide behind the anon. button.

I'm 37 and we've been trying for a long time (second time infertility). Yes, my doctor discussed all the statistics, but said we were in good health and he saw no reason not to try for quite a many years as we wish to.

Even if the baby isn't "perfect" by someone else's standards, it's still a wonderful blessing. (yes, i've worked with special needs babies/kids, i know it MAY be harder-but iv'e never met a parent with a special needs child who loves their child any less!) But just because you're older does not mean it will happen. There are a LOT of women over 35 and 40 having children these days.

Some advice, start a prenatal vit. and folic acid (if you need it) before u get pg. it's good for the baby starting at conception too.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009