When ever I have a contraction I loose my breath. It is causing my asthma to act up. Should I call my doctor about it?

I don't know if its just the normal shortness of breath that other women get when they have contractions or not. I get dizzy from it too. I haven't had any crazy asthma attacks. It just takes a few minutes to get my breath back. Also its not every contraction just every so often. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would deff. call he doctor mama! you should be able to breath and if your also getting dizzy I would be worried about your safety.
    RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 10:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Are you holding your breath for longer than six seconds or so? If so, you may be unconsciously making yourself out of breath. Be sure you breathe and don't hold your breath if possible, and if you must no longer than a few seconds.

If you aren't holding your breath, I'd guess it was your asthma and you shoul discuss with your doctor how to best treat it so you can breath normally.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009