Why doesn't my 16 month toddler say mommy but say daddy all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• language skill develop at deferent times, the D sounds the the M sounds... do a lot of face to face talking with your little one, let him/her see your mouth move and your lips ... this will help them understand the movement of their mouth makes different sounds... I am still working on "Grandma" but we are nowhere near that sound.... but I keep on working on it... :)
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I know its not fair but that is just what kids do. It is easier to say da da than ma ma.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It's true, it's easier. My son only says Dada, but will squirm to get to me. Go figure! :)
    cocoamug

Answer by cocoamug at 10:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• the da sound is easier to pronounce :D dont worry you will hear mama enough in your life ROFL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• cause he loves daddy more... Just kidding .... it's easier to pronounce and also he's not around as much as you..... noticed how all of a sudden they need/want you or their hungry how fast the say hmmmm hmmm mmmmma momamamma hmmmm
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009