Heart palpitations~

I forgot to ask my doc about this today and I dont see her again for two weeks... Have any of you experienced this during pregnancy?
It feels like my heart skips a beat and I lose my breath, happens like 2 or 3 times a day...

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 10:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didnt have the skipping a beat but sometimes I would just be sitting and watching TV and my heart would start racing. Doctor told me it was normal. I would still call the doc and just check though.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had this happen when I was pregnant with my DS and It recently started up a couple of weeks ago, I am about 6 wks right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i have it now while being pregnant an i also had it before being pregnant. they say it can be a cause for pre-term labor? i have no idea if thats true! but you can always call your dr's office an theyll get back to you with an answer! :)

but i can say when it happens try an take a couple deep breaths an drink water sorta calms you down when its done palpitating. and just try an stay relaxed. good luck!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 3:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I experienced this (during my 2nd trimester mostly) and it scared me to death so I went to the ER. It turned out that I was dehydrated. If you are like me and sick often, this could be the answer. You should contact your doctor either way...it's ALWAYS better safe than sorry.
    CassJ45102

Answer by CassJ45102 at 6:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009