Who has the IUD MIRENA?

I have had the Mirena for almost a year now, but i have horrible i mean HORRIBLE discharge. feels like i wet myself. its also a color..like a whitish yellowish color and has a smell but not a bad smell...sorry for tmi...ive been to the doc but they say its just normal bcuz my body is not used of this foregin object. and that theres nothing wrong with me. i was just wonderin if anyone else who has the mirena are having the same side affects?

AHall08

Asked by AHall08 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• Yap, I am always "wet". But mine is totally clear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had mine for almost 2 years. The discharge did go down- but my sex drive was totally gone. I had it taken out the beginning of June and got preg 1-2 days later. . . seriously. I liked it, but didn't like it. I dont know if I'll get it again after this birth. Having it taken out was very easy (not at all like having it put in).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• well i bleed daily with mine and i hate this thing but i cant hv another child!
    sunshyne251

Answer by sunshyne251 at 4:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes, among others. I have had it almost 5 yrs. now and I have had to wear pantiliners the whole time, and never had that problem before. It will not go away. I am getting mine out in Oct. and I won't be getting another one. I am thinking of a copper iud(paragard) because I don't want hormones. Search the posts for Mirena, there is a good one about the side affects of Mirena.
    ladybug4

Answer by ladybug4 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I did for a while, not so much anymore. (got my mirena in oct '08). I have noticed that while jogging or working out that I get this discharge but not really any other time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• really i got mine in oct of '08 and i just recently started gettin very bad discharge...but everybodies body is different so....i just hope it dont last the whole TIME!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009