Is 6 p.m. to late for a lardlord to have a repair person come to your house?

It just seem later than normal , 6 is when we have family dinner (my son is 12 months) we all play on the floor ,than it's bath time and off to bed by 8 (for my son not us lol) I was asked if 6 p.m. was ok before and told her no, she then said he could come at 8 a.m , that's great i'm already up and everything but he never showed. I'm mad because it's not the first time he stood us up for the same job. And around 5 to 8 is the only time during the week he gets to seem he's dad. What do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I wouldn't care when they came, just so long as whatever it is is getting repaired. Within reason. Not like midnight unless it was an emergency repair. 6 pm doesn't seem that bad to me.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It does seem weird to come at an hour like that. I still feel,maybe a repair could be accomplished during the day.
    ajfrizz9

Answer by ajfrizz9 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• There's nothing weird about 6pm. If you were at work all day, 6 pm would mean you didn't have to leave work early to let him in. People sometimes pay extra for that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The landlore MUST contact you and IT MUST be ok with you as to what time a repair person is coming out... UNLESS it's an Emergency...

We have had similar issues with my landlord and I told him flat out... the law reads this and it is NOT for YOUR convient to dishevel my family.... if a repair needs to be done and it's NOT and emergency, repair man comes at MY time, NOT landlords...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• We always ask our tenants when would be a good time to get whatever needs to be fixed, fixed. And they decided based on how important it is for them to get whatever is broken fixed.

We tell them the hours someone is available and they decide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You are acting like 6pm is the middle of the night. It is difficult to schedule repair people for someone who is not flexible. If you are not willing to have someone come over during reasonable hours, you should not complain if something stays broken for a long time.

When something requires repair you should be able to move your dinner around or do something reasonable to accomodate. It is a one or two day change... not a huge deal.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have never rented but 6 pm does not seem all that late. Maybe 7 or 8 but not 6.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I would say they have until 8PM after that I would be getting steemed. So what if you are having dinner. They are not there to meet with you . they need to look at the job and then do it. Go on about your day and ignore the repairmen
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I actually would prefer if they came at 6pm when I'm home. I don't like random people in my house when I'm not there.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009