Does this bug anyone else but me?

Ok, I see all these questions asking what you can and cannont have when your pregnant. I saw green tea. And while I do understand that there are certain things to avoid, especially medicines, it bugs me that people think your just supposed to climb in a hole for nine months and not do anything. Your pregnant, not disabled. Eat right and not worry so much about it.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Anon., take a deep breath.

I don't think the question or any of the answers were directed at mom's that are uncertain about what they should consume. The frustration was directed towards the bazillion different "lists" out there. If we obeyed every single thing on every single list, we would, as the OP said, be living in a hole.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Green tea? Really?

I hate those lists, too. I obeyed them to the letter until I discussed it with my doctor. She said while there are some things that really are a no-no (alcohol), others were just stuff to take in careful moderation (caffeine).

Seriously, know what you absolutely CANNOT consume, and otherwise just be healthy.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I didn't know all that either, and I was drinking the herbal bedtime tea like every night! Then I read somewhere that it was bad because they didn't know what all the herbs did...oops! Hell I figured back in the day I'm sure they had all kind of herbal remedies and everyone came out fine...my DD did!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I know!! I'd much rather trust a herbal tea rather than some of the crap people eat now!!
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm 8 months pregnant with a very healthy baby and I've had green tea. I've also eaten deli meat and been fine. Like my Grandma was saying...there were none of these rules when she was of child-bearing age and she gave birth to 4 healthy children. I've heard many older women say the same thing.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If a woman wants to worry while she's preg- let her. better safe than sorry. this is supossed to be a site for women to support each other on- not one where a woman is judged for not being certain about a drink. jeez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Im 35wks and I don't really "avoid " anything. I know there is some stuff that u shouldn't indulge in. and every 1 treats me like Im not even pregnant. They tell me "your a big girl, get off ur ass and get it your self" so I pretty much do almost everything, even when my husband is here
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• you will drive yourself crazy if you worry about every little thing!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No,I definetly agree with you. I have had three kids,and went about my life the same way. You have enough changes going on during pregnancy and the expectations of new little one arriving to think this way. So,I do agree with you on that one. The only time,I kept a close eye on my pregnancy,was when I had complications,which is obvious. I do feel,it is best to research what you can when you're newly pregnant,but not to become overly obsessive about it.
    ajfrizz9

Answer by ajfrizz9 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Anon, my advice to these pregnant women is to not worry about it. Duh!! Don't drink, don't do drugs. And just eat healthy. You know, I had caffenine when I was pregnant-not a lot, but maybe something with it once a day. My baby is fine. I'm not going to worry with my other kids. I do think that nowadays there's too many rules. We should all just listen to our grandmas and do it that way.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009