Does anyone have backbone around here?

I'm new to this site...but I've noticed that when people don't have the nicest thing to say, they put anonymous instead of letting people know who is saying it. This place is for support and advice, and the one thing that my friends love about me is I tell it how it is without putting a mask on to hide my face. They respect me for it and come to me for everything because they know I will tell them the truth in a caring way. Know one said that advice has to be nice. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks honesty is okay know matter what the out come. If people don't like you for what you say, so what. It's what you think and feel...why not let people know who you are? I don't know what category to put this in...

GotToHaveFaith

Asked by GotToHaveFaith at 11:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I dont think you are the only one.... I never answer anonymous, I figure if I take the time to answer something then I dont care if everyone knows who I am...... :) If I didnt want people to know who I was, I wouldnt answer the question, or post it actually.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I totally agree with you, sometimes it seems people use the anon button just to be rude or hurtful. I think if all of us are just honest and state our opinions in a polite, respectful manner, then there is no reason to be anon. I haven't figured out why so many people post anon, when they are not being rude, even when they are saying something nice or supportive. It'd be nice to know who is giving you good advice or compassionate support. JMHO....lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• So, basically...you've never seen anyone on here state their opinion without being anonymous? LOL...I highly doubt that, but that's how you're making it sound. I never go anonymous. I'm not on here to impress anyone, and if people don't like me, too bad. I honestly do NOT care. My mom taught me to always express my opinion, and to be proud of it. She also taught me that just because the majority may not agree with it, doesn't mean that I'm wrong. I plan on teaching my children the same thing.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I voiced my opinion once and got stalked and harassed. That is why I post anon, it is not about having a backbone, it is about keeping my children safe. Especially from the crazy bitches in the politics section!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I do think for the most part the questions are valid but so many answers are not helpful answers... I too thank that you can honestly answer a question without negative digs ... most of the ones I answer are from moms looking for a true answer... give them the best knowledge you have... If I don't have knowledge on the topic I don't answer... no "whatever's" or nasty words ever!
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• One thing you need to remember about posting anonymously in the "Answers" section is that this section is completely public. Anybody out in cyberland can read these questions and answers. They do not have to be a cafemom member. So, some might just want to protect their privacy. I know some are just being jerks. But I have occasionally used the anonymous feature "just in case", you know what I mean? Especially if the subject material is sensitive.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 11:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I will tell you why. I have had a backbone on this site and been publicly bashed and have had been PM'd by haters. I am a tell it like it is kinda gal too, but am sick of being bashed and hounded because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• A lot of times I'll post anonymously when it comes to politics because I don't want to be cyber stalked because I don't like Obama. It has happened before.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 11:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I never answer anon and always tell it like it is. People tell me I'm a bitch or uncaring. It's stuipd. I don't sugar coat anything. The best advice is that which doesn't hide the truth.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If I post anon, it's because I just am not in the mood for the debate over some subjects or my opinion on them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009