Taking my daughter out of town?

So my future MIL called my DF tonight and asked if she could take my DD, who will be one at the end of this month, out of town to a family reunion that is a few hours away. We are unable to attend due to both of us having to work one or two shifts this weekend. He works days and I work one night this weekend so we would just make a trade off with the baby. Anyway, I talked to DF and we decided it was ok. I still feel kind of weird about it! She is teething and I don't know...I think I'm being a little dramatic maybe. This will be my second time without her, first time was when DF and I went out of town and she stayed here with my sis. Maybe it's because she is leaving the state? Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• yes it is normal (for me too)... the fact that someone else will care for her and you would not be there to meet her needs is always an element of doubt. Keep focus on the needs of your little one, pack her favorite toys, blankets, teething meds .... everything that will make her adjust without you... call and "visit" with her if you can... stay strong.....
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It is quite normal to worry about your kids when they aren't with you, especially if they are so young. However, she is going with Grandma, and Grandma knows a thing or two about little ones. Relax, enjoy the break and your fiancee and she will be home before you know it.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Its normal. You're baby is going to be away for a whole weekend with out you. Its scary. I'd be paranoid too.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yes it's normal.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• when my dd is going to be far away with a family member I always write a note saying that in case of emergency I give permission for them to take her to a doctor and have her checked or any procedures done if its an emergency and I can not be notified I also give them copy of the insurance card and I sign the paper and date it, better to be safe than sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009