eye infection?

my 2 and a half month old woke up today and her left eye has been watery and theres some light green goo coming out..not a lot..my sister (mother of 4) said its probly an eye infection and if it dosnt clear up by tomarrow then take her to the ped..just want to know if anyone has experienced this?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like it could possibly be conjunctivitis .. I agree if it's still there in the morning take her to her pediatrician so they can tell you whether it's infectious or just caused by a cold/sinus infection. They can prescribe antibiotic eye drops if it's the infectious kind.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Could be a clogged tear duct?? Try putting breast milk in it. :) My daughter had a clogged tear duct and I put breast milk in her eye every time it got gunky. Cleared up literally over night.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yes i agree with autumn i did the same to dd to put some drops of breastmilk in her eye and by the next day she was fine!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009