CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS...chin up, and have fear? Yes or no?

Faced with the conditions of today, many are saying that faith in a God of love, power and justice is difficult to maintain. To many, compromise with the world, rather than challenge, seems preferable. Compromise has become the spirit of the age. Despair comes easily to our hearts.

Will we become weak and faint hearted?

That is the way it is today and that is the way it was for the Thessalonian Christians 2000 years ago. Paul writes a wonderful passage of comfort / assurance.

cont..

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have no fear. I'm excited that we're nearing the return of the Lord Jesus! God's wrath and vengeance will be poored out on this wicked world SOON!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• cont...
    t we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter. (2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 )

These words follow the apostle's description of the terrible conditions which will befall the world under the antichrist at the end of the age. The section begins with the word but, { a corner word. } But signals that the apostle is about to shift from the bad news to the good news. He is saying that no matter how bad things become in the world, Christians are expected to be different!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Will you become faint hearted as all these things begin to happen?
    Again; we read that another group of Christians are captured and are being held and demands are made for them to re-nounce the Lord and Savior of their souls.

I must say; and I am not knocking others; there are a lot of Believers that are sounding weak and filled with fear.

God tells us that when we begin to see these things happening..."we are to look up."
    I am 51 and I have lived a good / long life in just this young age; but, I'm ready. I am so ready to to see MY LORD.
    I don't know about you all; but, I am feeling a shaking. I believe that it is the shaking from the Lord. Too long the Church has been slumber partying and a thief got in unannounced. OK so the bad guy has gotten in. What will you do?
    I have read post after post here and else where on the internet where the church (us) are almost in a panic. We are not the world so let us not act like
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Jesus also said similar in the book of John that altho we are in the world we are not of the world but set apart like He was on the earth.. He had a relationship with His Father that included awe, reverence and utmost respect for Him and also included obedience and honor. When we walk in that place we do not have to fear what man can do but we must fear what God can do in the sense of awe. We are to be set apart for the Kingdom of Heaven yet be able to minister to a world of lost souls and not get sucked into that world but remain walking in the Kingdom of Heaven and listening to His voice and only His voice that will lead us and guide in His perfect will for us. The choice is ours... How hungry How thirsty , How desperate are we for HIM the Lover of our soul? Are we desperate enough to lose all to follow Him into eternity?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I HAVE NO FEAR OR DESPAIR, I DO HAVE LOTS OF HOPE.

Answer by older at 7:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Good post. Very relevant!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No fear here. And no god, either. The state of the world is humankind's doing--not a fictional devil or deity. Jesus isn't going to end it--WE will!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009