• In the Spotlight:

What is your weirdest or oddest quirk regarding cleaning or house stuff

an example is my horrible thing... when doing laundry when the wet is being moved into the drier if something falls on the dirty floor, I insist on re-washing it. Likewise if something falls in transit from dyer to laundry basket, it's back into the wash

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I cannot go to bed with anything a mess. Toys must be picked up, floors vacumed/mopped, all dishes either in cupboards or diswasher. All laundry put away. Furniture dusted, table washed off. High chair scrubbed down. Cell phones on chargers. Solar cover on pool, pool toys put away, yard picked up. Garbage out. I must must must have clean sippy cups ready for the morning. Kids must be bathed before bed, and clean sheets must be put on beds once a week at least. I cannot stand coming down stairs in the morning to anything out of place. Kitchen sponges get about a week and then they are tossed. Kitchen wash cloths and towels are replaced daily if not more often. I am really anal. If my wash dosen't smell good when it is done, I will wash/dry it over again. I use bleach like a crazy person. Putting all of this down has me thinking I need therapy lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Im psycho about the kitchen...I can't have any dirty dishes EVER in the sink. And if the dishwasher is even half full but not quite it sickens me to leave stuff sitting in there so I always run it. Weird I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• haha. I don't do that, but I clean my cleaning products. After I use pine-sol, bleach, windex, etc, I have to use a wet rag and wipe the bottle off. I fold my towels a certain way. I can't stand if there not folded right. I was at the hospital all weekend with my brother so DH did the laundry for me. I was very grateful, but when he wasn't looking I re-folded the towels. hehe.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I do the same thing with the laundry! My biggest is sponges. I have to have the long handled sponge that you buy refils for to do my dishes. I can't stand touching the sponge and I don't have a dishwasher!
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I cant stand the cabinet doors being open. It drives me bonkers. And in the bathroom, all my beauty stuff has to be facing the same way. I don't use plastic unless I have to with anything. Like tupperware. Mine is glass. I know it's breakable, but plastic gets to smelling bad and that makes me sick.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• im not a huge neat/cleaning freak but the one thing that drives me up the wall is when my brother leaves his clothes behind the bathroom door. i argue with him CONSTANTLY about bringing his clothes back into his room OR putting them in the BASKET in the closet in the bathroom. It drives me nuts. I just got done yelling at him because I went into the bathroom today and he has clothes behind the door and when I opened the door it came back and hit me because there were so much piled behind it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Where do I start....My towels also need to be folded a certain way, drawers and closets always need to be organized, my sinks need to be dried out after use, there can be no dirty dishes in the sink, Nobody can clean, but me and if they do it will do it over. I have some really big problems LOL
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• the screen door windows can't be dirty it drives me nuts, at the end of the day nothing can be on my floors, no toys, no clothes baskets, nothing. i clean my light switches and door handles (not just lysol actually clean), and i have to use bleach on everything then something that smells nice, so the floor gets mopped w/bleach, dries then mopped again w/pine sol that smells yummy :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ooooh @ re-cleaning. I do that, lolz. Unless my DH does the laundry or dishes or whatever else to my specification... I re do it entirely hence creating 10x the original work. So, duhhh I don't ask much. I was in the ER last week over nite and (no joke) I hid the dishsoap in a bookcase while the ambulance was pulling up outside. Yeahhh,,, I have issues too. lol.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009