My cat just passed away

We had our little friend for 2 short years, he was 2 in a half years old. He was a breed of cat that suffers a rare heart condition where the heart becomes enlarged. Well, 2 months ago we rushed him to the emergency vet, none too soon because he was limping. Turns out he had a clot in his back leg that if not caught in time could have killed him. With tests and medication, they said he should live a normal but shortened life- maybe 5 more years. So last night he died in his sleep, we found him this morning. I know this is a medical issue but the pills seemed to be improving him so much. Do you think a cat dying so suddenly is a curse or a sign of some sort, or should I just take it for face value that his heart was not strong anymore, even though he was only 2 yrs old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Ooooooh I am so sorry. No, no curse at all. You just had a real sick kitty. : (
    It does happen. My friend is a vet and these things do happen. I'm sorry for your loss.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't think it is a curse or a sign. All medicine- in people and pets- is an inexact science. Drs (vets) try to ease everyone's mind- but someitmes conditions progress faster than anyone thinks they will. I am very sorry for your loss. Try to be thankful that the young cat's life wasn't lived in pain and putting you through constant heartache and worry, with trips to the emergency room. I am sure that the 2 years your cat did have were great because he had someone who cared for him as much as you and our family did. Try to take care and not read into this death as a curse or anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ahhh darling, Im soooo sorry for your loss. Its not a curse. It was a blessing not only to your family but your little kitty as well...there are a lot of kittys that dont have a good loving home to provide medical care, medicine and lots of love. He just didnt get to enjoy it very long, but you blessed him so know in your heart he loved & appreciated it.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i'm sorry for your loss :( no its not a curse, just a sick kitty.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm very sorry for your loss. No, I don't believe this is a curse or anything other than a cat with a serious health condition. I raised hedgehogs for years... the average lifespan of a hedgehog is 4 to 6 years. However, one of mine only lived to be 2. He had a genetic disorder causing overall paralysis. It was very sad, but not a curse or a sign, just a poor little guy who was unlucky enough to inherit a fatal illness.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am very sorry. (My avatar is my dear kitty that I lost not quite a year ago, and I still miss him.) Grieve all you want for your kitty. He was just a sick little guy, as was ours. You gave him a very good life for as long as he had. You did well. ((((hugs))))

Answer by Bmat at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm really sad about your kitty. It's hard to lose a friend.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i cried earlier this morning because i read the end of my "cat book" and it talked about deaths, so i'm super sorry.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• God Bless every one of you for your concern. It truly means alot to me!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009