How do you communicate with your SO even though half the time they think they're always right?

It's so hard to communicate with my fiance and tell him how I feel about things because he gets defensive and thinks he's always right, so I need some advice on how I should communicate with him and when enough is enough.

sweetmissy_05

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Communication is key to any relationship. You need to work this through before you two marry, for the marriage to be a success. Many times men feel on the defense if we are pointing out something that they have done wrong. I try to use the "Oreo" method with men. 1 compliment, followed by a problem, ending with another compliment. This can help a bit to bring down those defenses. You may also write him notes...sweet notes..that also tell him of your concerns. He will have a chance to read them and think on it before responding back to you. Good Luck!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• as long as I believe that I am always right in my head, and he does the same...we both come out happy. LOL. it's a long process to work through, and communication is a learned trait, not something that comes with the marriage certificate.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 7:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2008