How much farher did you dialate?

I am 2 1/2 just about a 3 1/2 cm dialated and I have had on and off contractions all day, and some last night. I am having them now, the hospital sent me home. When did u go into labor?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think I was 3 cm when I went into labor.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was 5 cm with this last one. And not dilated at all with the first and second. With my first I had an appt and the dr told me I had at least another week and I went into labor the next day. I was kinda pissed but glad too.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Stay home until your contractions 5 min apart and in a steady pattern. A hospital is not somewhere you want to be stuck for hours and hours. Stay home until you can't stay home any more. A misconception is that you have to get to the hospital as soon as labor starts, not true, take a shower, etc. You're not in labor if your contractions stop
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I can't remember how dialated I was when I was admitted but I'm pretty sure it was around 4 cm. However, I was in labor, too. You could be only 1 or 2 cm but still be in labor. If they sent you home, you are either not in labor (and having BH contractions) or they are not close enough together yet. You can be dialated for several weeks before going into active labor. Here's how to tell if you're in real labor: your contractions feel like a really intensified period cramp but includes a "tightening" feeling and it WILL stop you dead in your tracks. You will most likely not be able to walk or talk during one. The tightening feeling can happen during a BH, but it is way, way more intense. Think of crumbling up then letting go of a plastic bag vs. a piece of tin foil. The plastic bag re-expands but the tin foil doesn't. I guess that's the only way I can describe it. Hope this helps. Hang in there.
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Dr. said not close enough together yet, but they have been happening all day long! And are just now starting to get more intense.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2009