when did your water break?

When did your water break or when did the doctor break your water for you?
The doctor was checking to see how far along I was and she said "Your 10 cm, oops, there's your water" LOL.
Just curious about everyone else's experiences because I was sooo worried they would break my water for me because I heard it hurt when they had to do it.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol.. ironic.. My water just broke about 30 minutes ago X__X
    I was due on the 11th, its the 13th now.

But with baby #1, they broke it for me about 12 hrs into labor to help "speed up the process". I had her 6 hrs later.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 6:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My water with my first was broke for me at 5 cm and with my second it broke on its own! I was coming out of a food joint when that happened!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• With my first girl my water broke while I was getting the epidural, which was perfect bc it distracted me from the pain of the needle... and the second time, it was overnight however I didn't even noticed because it was just leaking... the doctor said that the baby was so big that didn't let it brake as it should....
    Avy1930

Answer by Avy1930 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Dr broke mine all 3 times and it did not hurt at all, it relieved alot of pressure for me, most moms I talked to say theiers didnt hurt either, when they break your water they use a long plastic piece with a hook on it, they incert it into the cervical opening, it shouldnt touch you at all or hurt, its like popping a balloon filled with water.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:08 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My water broke as the baby's head was crowning. The bag came first, full & balloon-y. It felt like slippery leather, lol! It broke, but I didn't realize it until later. I had thought that POP was a big toot (under the water), haha!

But with my prior baby, my water broke over a week before labor started. I was gushing for a long time, went through a lot of maxi pads! ;-P
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• in transition in all 4 births!
    ainamama

Answer by ainamama at 4:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Mine broke on its own in the hospital... I was 3 cm dialated and they said I needed stronger contractions. A short time after that, it broke on it's own and I went immediately to a 6
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Spirited: well congrats on your new litle one that will be here soon. i was also two days late with my little girl.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was only about 5 cm dilated and the doctor had to break my water.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 1:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My 1st broke when I was sleeping. I heard/felt a huge *POP* and I bolted up out of bed and into teh bathroom just in time for my water to come POURING out, lol. No contractions or anything... Just water, water everywhere!

My 2nd, may water didn't break until right before I started to push. I had already been through 25 hours of labor and started to feel the need to push. A nurse checked me to make sure I was dilated all the way and my water broke right after she finished... Went all over her, lmao. Baby was born 10-15 minutes later.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 2:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009