Babies First Birthday Ideas

Next month my baby girl will be 1 year old! I am trying to throw a big birthday party for her but I dont have any ideas as to where, what, etc. I know I want it to be really girly and I want to put her in a really pretty party dress. I want her to have her own little cake that she can make a mess with. Help me plan this party!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its a first bday, why make such a huge big deal with it. She wont even remember it and will probably be bored or tired half ways through it. My son is turning 1 sept 1st and i'm just doing a small family thing with cake and maybe hamburgers and hotdogs, or ordering pizza.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It's a tradition to throw a huge 1st birthday party. It is the most important birthday of their lives. She might not remember it but We will have pictures. It is also a day for me as a mom to celebrate her birthday for the first time. This was the date that I waited 9 months to come and this first year has been the hardest year ever. I want to celebrate and show her we love her and its an excuse to throw a party. Get her all dressed up nice and let her play with other kids and eat cake etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well for our DD's first we did it at a park. Had food for everyone. Lunch stuff, sandwiches, chips, pasta salads and stuff like that. Cupcakes for everyone but her who got a cake to smash!! We picked a theme, and went all out with it. http://www.1stwishes.com/ They have good themes to choose from. For my son's first we've chosen a theme to match his personality and are doing it at the community center where we live. I will again have food for everyone attending. I love doing the birthdays up big. he may not remember the 1st, but I will and we'll have pictures...

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 7:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• We didn't throw a huge party for my son, only family, which was still about 15 people. We wanted to invite friends, but it would have tripled our number. We had everyone come over to our house, we made dinner and then my son ate his cake outside. Then opened presents.

Advice:
    1) Don't let her eat her cake in her pretty dress. Frosting does not come out that well.
    2) If you can, have her eat her cake outside. Easier cleanup
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_celebrating-your-babys-first-birthday_1493204.bc

they give some good ideas.
    we're doing a cars theme and just having family and a few friends over to our apt's clubhouse. we're cooking out and hanging around the pool.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009