Did you GAIN or LOOSE weight after you gave birth???

I was already almost 15 pounds over weight before i got pregnant... Im so concerned about keeping the extra weight that I've put on ( im 27 weeks).. I know people whos lost weight after givin birth ... then again i know people who gained weight...

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 2:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I lost at first but after like 4-5 months or maybe a little more I started gaining.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I nursed my son, who was (and still is) of the chunky, fast growing sort. As a result of his (literally on some days) constant nursing, I lost 45 pounds in six months. And that was even eating about 2800 calories a day! I was about 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant with him so losing his weight plus all the extra felt good. However, the weight came off so easily that I got really lazy about physical fitness. While I'm the most slender I've been since middle school, my cardio vascular fitness isn't worth the chair I'm sitting in right now. THAT is going to change when this next baby is born in October!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:05 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i lost all my weight almost instantly but i have a high metabolism and have always been thin. just dont eat more then you have too and maintain a healthy diet and regular exercise if possible which can be hard with a little one..i wouldnt worry too much about it you'll be so happy with the baby you wont even think about that!!! :)
    donnacarol09

Answer by donnacarol09 at 4:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have been lucky with all my pregnancies. I lost everything I gained almost right away then extra due to breast feeding. I got it from my mom though. If this is your first it might be hard to tell which way you go but could look at how the women in your family did after birth. Don't worry about it though nothing good comes from worry!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• GAINED. Thank you Depo shot.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Nine months on 9 months off... Not so true when your in your 30's... I had my first two boys in my late teens and was in my jeans (size exsmall waist...enormous boobies...lol...) LOL..3 DAYS later... My son turned 1 on the 5th of Aug. and I'm still packin' the baby pouch...Sucks !!! I just do not have the motivation to get off my a$$ and work out after taking care of my 4 kids and hubby and home... I know we should put ourselves first but it is sooo hard... Too bad were not all celebs with personal trainers ...lol... Best of luck with your pregnancy, birth and all that are to follow (= Don't stress on the weight... It is what it is... The more you want to loose it the faster it will happen !
    SweetAkMom

Answer by SweetAkMom at 5:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I lost weight. I weight 123 when I first got pregnant, 136 when I delivered. Then 4 wks later I was at 116 and now (21 mos later) i'm at 103 and can't GAIN a pound!!!! I also formula fed....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Right after like as soon as I had dd I had only lost 7lbs and my dd was 8 lbs so I was rather unpleasantly surprised. However with the bfing, just loosing that water(in the middle of the night I would wake up soak n wet with sweat) few weeks later I had lost most of my preggo weight and I just had to work out to lose the rest.
    misssy2000

Answer by misssy2000 at 6:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ok. Women who come out of the hospital weighing less than they did pre-preggo are in the minority. Yes of course there are the stories of women who got right back into their size 2's BUT the vast majority do not. I was a size 2 or 4 (depending on the brand) before I got pregnant (and actually until I was about 4 months preggo). I gained 29 lbs (2nd child). My son is now 6 wks old. I still have about 12 lbs to lose. My regular pants are still tight. I delivered via c-section and am breastfeeding. I went back to exercising at about 3 wks post op...walking and at 5 wks resumed running. Sucks. But it's the truth...the weight does not magically come off. And the whole breastfeeding helps you shed the weight faster thing is not exactly accurate. In the beginning, yes, it helps your uterus contract but after that your metabolism actually slows down....nature way of getting you slow down and smell the roses, I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I gained 45 lbs. with my son. 2 weeks after giving birth, I lost 25 lbs. As of today, my son is 15 months and I have about 5 lbs still on me. A lot of it is in my stomach which is now kind of flabby. And my boobs are a touch bigger than prepregnancy.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2009