Breast reduction and the military

As a military spouse who has suffered from back pain and such, would it be in my best interest to speak with my doctor regarding a breast reduction? They hurt, they are a DD, my back is always in pain, I have pain in my shoulders and neck. There are indents in on my shoulders. I am not thin, a tad over weight, but even when thin they re large. I do not see a military doctor. Is this worth talking to my doctor about. I would love to be out of all of this pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'd say talk to your doctor, tell him your concerns, he may know of a way other then surgury to help out with the problems your going through.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Talk to your Dr, and also call your Tricare office and talk to them.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had a breast reduction....best thing I ever did. It was actually weird for the first month to not have back pain.....lol I was an "H" I am now a happy "C" and to be honest (TMI) my DH is happier with them now they were just too big before. I went to chiropractors for the back pain I went to my plastic surgeon and she noted that I had years of back and neck pain indents on my shoulders the insurance company approved it. I only had to pay the co-pay . $15.00 for $13,000.00 of care. It has been almost a year now. I do not miss them at all ! G/L

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Are you positive it's because of your chest? Maybe this is something that can be fixed with exercise and proper posture?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• $15 wow i want your insurance!! what kind is it??
    mjbeyor

Answer by mjbeyor at 3:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009