Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast reduction and the military

As a military spouse who has suffered from back pain and such, would it be in my best interest to speak with my doctor regarding a breast reduction? They hurt, they are a DD, my back is always in pain, I have pain in my shoulders and neck. There are indents in on my shoulders. I am not thin, a tad over weight, but even when thin they re large. I do not see a military doctor. Is this worth talking to my doctor about. I would love to be out of all of this pain.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Answers (5)
  • I'd say talk to your doctor, tell him your concerns, he may know of a way other then surgury to help out with the problems your going through.

    Answer by vgiron at 3:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • Talk to your Dr, and also call your Tricare office and talk to them.

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • I had a breast thing I ever did. It was actually weird for the first month to not have back I was an "H" I am now a happy "C" and to be honest (TMI) my DH is happier with them now they were just too big before. I went to chiropractors for the back pain I went to my plastic surgeon and she noted that I had years of back and neck pain indents on my shoulders the insurance company approved it. I only had to pay the co-pay . $15.00 for $13,000.00 of care. It has been almost a year now. I do not miss them at all ! G/L


    Answer by justgrape723 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • Are you positive it's because of your chest? Maybe this is something that can be fixed with exercise and proper posture?

    Answer by feesharose at 4:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • $15 wow i want your insurance!! what kind is it??

    Answer by mjbeyor at 3:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.