yasmin birthcontrol

I currently am on yasmin birthcontrol(generic form of YAZ)-have been now for over 6 months. My question is that my hubby was watching tv and during a commercial there was one of those attorney adds that came on and said if u've taken yasmin, yaz, and a few others to call them. Is there a recall that Im not aware of or is it just another dumb commercial?

nevaehsmomma83

Asked by nevaehsmomma83 at 3:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Health

• Some people are getting sick from it. http://www.prweb.com/releases/yaz-yasmin-side-effects/birth-control-lawsuits/prweb2728904.htm

All drugs have side effects and the attorny is saying Yaz understated theirs. Basically, if you have heart problems, smoke, etc. (like with any ohter pill) you have higher risks. I was on both Yaz and Yasmin for a while but had issues iwth spotting so changed. But didn't have any of the other side effects. If you are concerned, talk to your doctor and some reserach of the news articles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• they have a lot of side effects. I was just put on YAZ monday and did a lot of research on it but as far as I know, there isn't no recall or the dr prob would not have prescribed it to me...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Your doctor would have taken you off of it if so there is not recalls on it but people are having a lot of problems with it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was put on yaz after my second son. My baby i was still on yaz while prego, and now he has a lot of medical problems. I do have questions. All these meds thats all u hear anymore side effects.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 4:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm under the impression that yasmin and yaz are different. Yasmin is the original bc and they came out with a different bc called yaz. and yaz helps more with the mood swings and acne. i was on it for a while before becoming prego. i'm not sure if i had side effects from it, but my emotions were all over the place.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't know if there is a recall, but I have never heard anything good about it, people always have crazy side affects
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My SIL was put on YAZ about a year ago and then started having side effects with her heart. They didn't think it was related, at first. But now she's off YAZ and hasn't had any issues. And YAZ does have heart related side effects.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was on Yaz for 3 months and quit..I had HORRIBLE headaches and gained 7lbs in 3 months when I was actually working out and stuff...I would get horrible cramps...and i was moody and lazy. I have another birth control appt today and I'm asking for something new..maybe seasonique sp? and some diet pills..lol
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 1:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• wow, it sucks to know so many people are having issues with yaz. I love my yasmin- im down to a 1-2 day period, its so light I'm not sure if u would even say its a period haha, so i was really hoping it wasn't recalled or something. the weight gain is the biggest reason i chose this one cuz its not supposed to cause weight gain
    nevaehsmomma83

Answer by nevaehsmomma83 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009