1 hour glucose test

So I go for the 1 hour glucose test today at 1:30 and I'm afraid to fail it then have to take the 3 hour one and pass. What should I eat and drink before or is there nothing I can do? What experiences have you have? Are there signs of gestasional(sp?) diabetes before hand? I have never had a problem with my other 3 but this is my 4th.

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 3:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my directions say not to eat or drink or smoke anything for 12 hours before the test
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I just got mine yesterday and they just tell you to eat lightly, I just had half a banana before hand and took my drink, had an appointment in the meantime and waited for results...Dont be worried just be calm and relax...I cant really shed much light because this is my first baby and 1st test but I can offer encouragement to remain calm
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thanks I guess I'm not too worried about it. I just don't want to have to go through the 3 hour one lol I've got 3 small children. Luckily my MIL keeps them during my appts. If I have to go for the 3 hour test at least I won't have 3 restless children with me. I've been craving a subway sandwich and was hopeing to have that for lunch. I love the steak drowning with ranch and south west chipole sauce. Man now I really want one lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm surprised that your doctor scheduled your test so late in the day b/c it's been my experience that they like you to fast beforehand. If you do need to eat, I would limit your choices low in sugars (both natural and artificial) just to be safe. It's not a pleasant test, and nobody WANTS to repeat it! :)
    CassJ45102

Answer by CassJ45102 at 6:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was told to eat a normal healthy breakfast. I passed with flying colors.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had to fast for both of mine, but they were 19 and 10 years ago, things may have changed.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The glucose test is a fasting test. Anything you eat can throw off the test so its not good to eat anything beforehand
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ok I had mine 2 days ago they tell you not to eat a bunch of sugar the night before and day of the test. You don't want to do anything really out of the ordinary other than that or you could test neg when you should test pos I know knowone wants to test pos but its dangerous for you and your baby if you don't know. I had scrambled eggs with cheese a piece of toast and water. Mine came back neg. :) just try to be normal
    tdoubleday04

Answer by tdoubleday04 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009