vision insurance

My husband does not have visoin insurance on the kids and i have an appt. for my son the end of the month we have "Highmark blueshield"someone on here was saying sometimes if you have good enough insurance and you have health coverage which we do they may some of the vision...........how does that work? Do i contact my insurance company to find out or the eye doctor?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 6:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know you can do a discount plan with Ameriplan and it goes into affect RIGHT AWAY. your ID number is emailed to you while you are waiting for your card in the mail. We have plans that start at ONLY $14.95 a month and that does cover your entire house and Vision. So it's not insurance but it will cover the vision and give you a huge discount. Plus if you want you can always cancel after his appointment if you don't think you'll use it again.
    You can call me if you'd like and I can explain or you can go to www.MyBenefitsPlus.com/ChristinaDennis for all of our plan information.
    There are no restrictions or qualifications either and you can use these WITH your insurance :)

My name is Christina if you need any help.
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Call the number on the back of your insurance card; they will be able to tell you what is covered under your plan.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Hey I posted about the Ameriplan discount plans.
    I just found out that starting tomorrow morning our plans are on sale for 1/2 price!!! It is a Back to school special they are running. So you can get that vision plan for ONLY $7.48 now and that price will stay 1/2 like that for 12 months!!!

Christina Dennis
    770-728-9938
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Eye exams and glasses are so cheap now I'd not bother with ins for it. You end up spending more. Go to walmart and pay out of pocket.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009