response to last nights how to disipline my 10 month old... this makes me go WOW

I would and also let my hubby spank her. Let it stink a little she will get the message. At first it bothered me when hubby smacked our 16 month old in the arm or leg but guess what it worked she stopped and stared at him quietly. I waiting for her to cry but she didn't she just froze for 5 min just stared. She sometimes plays pulling my hair but I say no and it doesn't work hubby smacks her leg or arm and she stops. It has to sting a little though.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SOMEONE THAT WOULD SAY/DO THIS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that 10 month old is too young for spanking. They don't know what they did was wrong and they don't understand why their parent hit them.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 8:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i would not hit my 10 month old i thik thats to young i would just look at her and say no or sit her down for a min till she clams down
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think their discipline style is different then yours. They aren't beating their kid, and she said it didn't even make her daughter cry. I've tried that with my first when he was 10 months old or so, I didn't work and I wouldn't recommend it, but other people do it and it works for them.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think at 10 months old, a pop on the arm or leg is fine and that is what Anon means, I hope. The spanking I would give my 9 year old is quite different from the "spanking" you give a baby. BTW LaceyAM, they are beginning to learn the difference between right and wrong from the time they begin crawling so they can understand.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• 10 month old is too young to disclipline as said above.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think that they need parenting classes, and if that doesn't stop them - they should consider adoption if they no longer care for their daughters well being.

"Spanking" is digusting in any form, but to a little baby - that is abusive and cruel.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• nope sorry if you discipline with violence violence is shown as being ok and smacking a kid on the arms and legs is just that!
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• mybella.. she said it has to STING no way in heck would i want to have to STING my child at that age! and anyone that does should NOT be a parent
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't want to hurt my child at ANY age. Yes, 10 months is way too young. Guarantee she will learn how to hit others in NO time.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• instead of spanking or stinging maybe mom should cry. Building empathy in your child can be a good thing.
    PurpleCristal

Answer by PurpleCristal at 8:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009