3 month old with congestion at night only

My 3 month old won't sleep at night due to congestion. I use the bulb and saline- but then 10 minutes later he is all stopped up again. I dress him in a onesie, little soft pants and socks at night and the temp is at 75. Am I dressing him too warmly? Is it too cool in the house? I am going to get a humidifier today- what else can I do? He sleeps in his bassinet- but with this he will only sleep when his is upright in his swing or held, or he will sleep for 15 minute periods lying next to me in bed. Please help!!

mamaof2becka

Asked by mamaof2becka at 8:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would ask your doctor..but my kids when they were congested I would put a pillow (or a rolled up towel) under their mattress and that always helped.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 8:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i would get a sleep postioner with an incline or fold a towel or get a book and put it under the mattress .i would deff get a humidfier a cool mist one is good
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I also would prop baby up with something under the mattress....the reason he only sleeps for short periods lying down, is due to gravity....all the mucus runs back and plugs him up. My little guy had an allergy to the wood heat we were using and at 2 weeks had a congestion problem. Huidifier is a good idea, to keep the house with some moisture in the air. My son is a warm baby so at 75 in the house, he's either sleepin naked, or just a onsie but thats just me...you know your baby, so dress him how his body likes it.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ALLERGIES
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my 3 month old was doing that and come to find out he is allergic to my cat. so I put her out! :)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• (the cat not my son! lol)
    mominbolt

• Do you use an air conditioner?? That could be a big factor. Lots of dust from those things.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009