What do you do...

to remind your children while they are at school that you love them and are thinking about them? For instance my daugther I tell her every day do good, be good, i love you as she walks out the door adn my son has been telling me that he missed me and didnt like that i wasnt at school with him so i talked to my mom and she said when i was like that she sent little notes in my lunch box with a big heart on them, my son doesnt take a lunch box but it gave me an idea to combine my daughters swimming stuff with this, I drew in red sharpie on my sons hand a big heart and told him now whenever you need me you just look at my heart in your hand and you will know that i love you and miss you and am thinking about you and he looked so relieved and happy. So is there anything special you do to remind your children that you love them while they are at school?

elananme

Asked by elananme at 8:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in

• Not yet. My daughter starts Kindergarten this September-and she is SO independent anyway (to the point that she asks me when I'm leaving) I don't think that it will phase her all that much. But I like the idea of the heart on his hand.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 8:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• put a card or a little letter in a packed lunch :) or come eat lunch with them//
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• since u dont pack a lunch do it as a treat..... or put something in his back pack
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i tell my son every morning when hes goin out the door to catch the bus to be good at school, i will be here when he gets home and that i love him.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I tell her I love her. Pretty sure by age 6 she knows.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think they should know by school age that you love them even when you're not there. You could put a little note somewhere where they will find it through the day if you don't think they already know. Or buy them special pencils or something they will use in school that will remind them of you. Believe me, though..... they know you love them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009