What do you do when baby starts to roll over to her tummy in her sleep?

How do you make sure she's safe and breathing through the night? My 3 1/2 month old started rolling over from back to tummy last week and last night she did it in her sleep twice. I'm a very deep sleeper and I don''t wake during the night unless she fusses. My husband is the one that caught it. Her face was turned and she was fine but he's worried about how we keep her safe now that she's rolling over.

guliziaclan

Asked by guliziaclan at 9:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you do when the baby starts to roll over on her tummy to sleep?

Let her sleep.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• if shes learned to roll, then she has the control to turn her head so that she doesnt smother herself. my little boy actually preferred sleeping on his stomach even as a newborn....the biggest thing is not to have any pillows or stuffed animals or big fluffy blankets near her so she cant get caught in those, its harder to pull her face from them than a flat mattress.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Most babies and kids sleep better on their tummies. As long as they can lift their heads, dont worry. I still sleep on my stomach better. Heehee
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my pedi said that if my son started rolling over in his sleep then to let him sleep. he's a tummy sleeper like me.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009