Why is it if you speak up you are not a "real conservative" but are labeled a right wing extremist?

Does that mean we cannot disagree with anything without being labeled? Are we next going to be labeled as terrorist?
Speaking up on things is part of our history, foundation and shows us to be a true patriot. What would you call yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My best guess is because labeling someone with negativity is the fastest way to quiet them down. Unfortunately for them it doesn't seem to be working. They are even reverting to the pre-election standard of calling people racists and even that has lost it's impact. People are fed up and won't be quieted any longer. The people are feeling like they are being pushed into activism.  In general, conservatives don't really protest like they have been for some of the things that have come up recently.  It's interesting.

As for what I call myself, I call myself an American that sleeps at night no matter what other people think about her and her opinions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Because liberals are a bunch of bawlboxes, and if you don't jump on their bashing bandwagon, you are labeled an "extremist", and no, we cannot have an opinion that doesn't line up 100% with their's. Didn't you hear? It's their way or the highway, no if's and's or but's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• YES
    YES
    An American first.....who happens to be conservative
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Tn, I agree with you! PROUD Conservative here!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It's easier to label everyone an extremist than to try and understand all the big words.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• OP--you might want to watch this video....says it all!!!  LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWHgUE9AD4s

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• In the age of politically correctness, theyare hoping that you will shrink back into the shadows and not want to be labeled. They (and I'm not really sure who they are) throw out these names and hope no one wants to be labeled extremist. They are not counting on the fact that some of us see it as a label of honor to be worn proudly. I am not ashamed to stand and be counted as an extremist when it comes to allowing my country to become socialist. I am part of the extremist mob! Give me a button to wear!!!!!!

patriotic

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You are SO right Jesse! It's kinda like some of the others who call me (and others) "Christian", like that's a bad thing,also! Just as I'm a very proud Conservative, I'm an even prouder, fortunate, Christian! Call me all the "extremist" names you want, not gonna shut me up one bit! God bless America!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Im a proud Republican! And if someone wants to call me a racist, or extremist..... so be it! ;P
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Because Conservatives have been equating liberals with Commies for years...just finally playing by your rules I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009