How many of you parents that were spanked

grew up to be serial killers or have served time in jail? My guess would be very few. Did your parents take parenting classes to learn how to be your parent? When you took a nickle piece of candy at the drug store what happened? You took it back to the manager and apologized. Now people tell you not to do that because it takes away the kids self esteem. Well isnt that better than having your 16 year old stealing movies at walmart or stealing cars or robbing stores? It is our job as parents to teach our kids right from wrong. Too many parents havent been doing there jobs. The schools are filled with kids that teachers cant teach because their parents didnt start teaching them how to behave and respect their elders. My kids will know right from wrong and they will know that when their bottom gets popped it is because I love them

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 9:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Amen!! Thank YOU! I feel the same way. I have a "Meet the Teacher" night next week with my lilman and I will inform this new teacher as I have the 3 years prior. "I expect my son to treat you with respect as he treats me with respect. If he responds to you with anything other than yes ma'am, no ma'am, please, thank you or excuse me then I want to know about it. I am always available to speak to you about any concerns you have with Connor and if you need to reach me, my cell is always on and I can get most issues straightened out with him over the phone. If he is acting up in class please know that his hindquarters will get spanked when he gets home and an apology is the first thing you will hear from him the next morning. While my son is eager to learn I know that he is a little boy and may need some redirection."

I spank my son when he is out of line and praise him when he does well. I demand excellence from him.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• haha im with u on that. i mean really. spanming isnt a big deal. its not lik ur spanking them so hard ur leaving bruises. and jusr cause u spank them doesnt mean theyre gonna b serial killers. it just measn theyll know right from wrong.and they know u mean business.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• where were all you ladies the other night when i posted my thingy about SO spanking our son in donpablos? others on here really made me feel like shit- said they felt bad for my "poor baby"...i was starting to think only my closest friends and i felt this way about spanking not being so terrible.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• amen... I cant believe how many kids Ive seen that have no discipline. I rarley ever have had to spank though. I come up with alot more effective punishments.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i think spanking is ok,but! only with your hand on their bottoms,no objects and no beating ,every child is to know when they've crossed the line,i very much belive if you do the crime you pay the time,i see people and its like how in the heck do you expect your child to grow up and respect authority when they can sit there and tell you to shut up and tell you how much they hate you and never get punished but yet ask for everything and be given anything but have no concept of any form of respect.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i was spanked as a child and much worse. i may not be a serial killer, but i have self esteem issues that do affect my daily life. i tried to kill myself once and have been battling depression for 15 years. growing up terrified of your mother is a hell of a lot different than growing up respecting her. i'd have more respect for her if she never laid a hand on me or my sisters. it takes everything i have not to be like her. lots of kids who are never spanked have respect for their parents and turn out fine.
    don't think that just because your child has no physical bruises their ego is still intact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• HERE HERE sister.. i was spanked and even had the belt a few times...im still normal when i stole from a lil store i also had to bring it back and say sorry and if i missed behaved in school i was grounded or sternly talked to. ( depending on what i did ) i was raised to respect adults and to mind my manners ( hello miss smith or mr smith ) never by first name like dave or judy it was miss or mr. please and thank u and xcuse me, may i. and i teach my kids that i do spank i dont beat but spank i dont use the belt never had to thank god lol. and when my oldest stole from a small store she went back imadetly and said im sorry i took this ( she was grounded for that ) i teach my kids safety, strangers, right and wrong, do's and donts. we do the best we can and try to do whats right by us and the kids. its a challenge.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I completly agree. I actually think thats whats wrong with some kids theses days. (NOT all, SOME) When my dad was in school there certainly werent kids bringing guns and killing eachother, thats cause they knew better, they got spanked by their parents and teacher. I give my son a swat when he needs it too. If he talks back to me, or anyone else he goes to the corner and then apologizes. If he has candy, but not enough to share, he cant have it, if he has a toy, he shares it, if he were to steal anything, he would return it, and apologize, then he would be in big trouble.

Thats just me though.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• For crying out loud anon I am NOT talking about beating or abusing your kids I am talking about a swat or 2 on the bottom. I never said take your kids out behind the wood shed and beat the hell out of em.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• There are so many things I didn't do as a kid because I knew "my parents would beat my butt". Kids don't have that anymore. If you do something horrible now you get what? Completely let off because no one wants to hurt your self esteem. So let's all go rape, pillage and murder!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2009