How old should a child be before moving into toddler bed?

sami07

Asked by sami07 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I believe that if a child can pull themselves over or climb out of the crib, its time to move. At the daycare I worked at, the kids that were 12-18 months even slept on little cots on the floor, not cribs anymore, but they were low to the ground. So I would say make sure the child is also able to get out of that toddler bed safely.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• When they are climbing out of their crib...no set age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No set age.

My kids went to regular beds at 15 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Do what feels right to you. Both my girls got a big girl bed when they turned 1. Some people thought I was crazy but oh well. At first I put pillows on either side in case they fell out (they were not full hight either) but i think it only happened like once or twice. If they can climb out of their crib they need to be moved because they can hurt themselves.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my dd was 18 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son just turned 2 and is in a toddler bed. We got him a lightning mcqueen race car bed that he LOVES!!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 1:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009