Do you know if your pre-teen son will a bad boy or a good guy?

My son is eleven already has had 3 or 4 girlfriends And he ask like it is nothing. I hope he is not going to be a player. He is also very rough playing with his 4 yr old sister. He thinks that he doesn't have to say sorry for anything. I have to stay on him to do his chores,homework everything. He is a big back talker. I usullay end up popping his mouth.

mcperez

Asked by mcperez at 10:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• start takin stuff away from him. lik tv comp fone. video games. anything he loves. hell get the point. and if u really wanna freak him out, give him the sex talk and tell him if u ever catch him disrespecting a woman u will slap him silly cause its un acceptable.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• he will be what you and his dad taught him to be and that mouth popping needs to stop. THAT is why he treats others so badly and he will pop others and may even grow up to be an abuser, thanks to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yep I agree with first post start taking away his things if he can not treat others in the house with respect then he does not deserve to have those special items. I would aslo go to planned parent hood and get all the info and packets that they have for talking to boys about sex.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Instead of popping his mouth for back talking, take everything out of his room but his bed. He has to earn everything back, item by item. If he backtalks, he loses whatever he gained back. No electronics, no going places with his friends, etc. You need to talk too him about respect, responsibility, etc. By popping him you are teaching him that it is ok to hit someone, so he is going to act that way to his siblings. Kids learn more from what they see than what they are told. You also need to talk to him about protection, his body and sex. There are many books in the library or at a bookstore. You need to demand respect from him and you have to show him respect in return. Praise him when he does well, when you see him be nice to someone, when he is polite. Keep the lines of communication open, do not yell or scream at him. Don't talk down to him or at him, talk to him. Be patient and understanding.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• What tyfry said ^
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If, you don't start correcting him now,at 11,why is he talking about girls already,the first thing he need to learn how respect girls,which he doesn't that's why he is rough with his sister,his mouth is too grown,you need to corresct that now.Is dad involve,how do dad treat you. Talk to him now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son is turning 11 in October. He is the sweetest, most compassionate person I know (adult or kid). I think he will end up getting walked all over by girls if he doesn't change any between now and then.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think my son is in the middle right now... He is a very emotional kid and can express those emotions very well, but, at the same time, he doesn't like to listen the first time and will ask questions and try to avoid what mom tells him to do and hence the argument. He doesn't like authority and will show his behavior in school. So I am not sure what is going on with him but hopefully with help he will grow out of it!
    happychick2525

Answer by happychick2525 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009